Mock Trial Madness

| Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I got an assignment to cover a mock trial competition and I had no idea what to expect. So I walk in the doors and instantly I find myself in a crowd of hundreds of other colleges students dressed up going crazy trying to practice and prepare, and I decide this could be fun!

Loras_mock_trial

Professor Neuhaus, the organizer, gives jury instructions to students who volunteered to be jurors.

Loras_mock_trial_3

The whole event revolves around these two boards and this organizer is in charge of telling all 70 teams at the event where their next trial will be.

Loras_mock_trial_6

Loras Junior, Jared Vasilauskas, prepares to defend Drew Walton in the second round of competition.

Loras_mock_trial_10

Unniversity of Missouri at Kansas City students Nick Bose (left), Jacquelyn Hoermann (center), and Brynn Hardy (right) practice before their trial.

Loras_mock_trial_15

Loras takes on Hamlin University in the second round of competition.

Loras_mock_trial_22

Loras defends "Blitz News Network" as they are being sued for liable.

Loras_mock_trial_26

Loras's mock trial team prepares its questioning during a court recess.

No comments: