Stupak Amendment

| Monday, November 23, 2009

Now that I have started writing again I took on the challenge of writing about the Stupak Amendment; an amendment attached to the health-care bill that is currently being debated in the Senate, and passed the house.

If you don't know the background of Dubuque it is a hot-bed for the pro-life movement. It was a struggle to find people to interview that were against the amendment. I ended up being pushed to a national spokesperson from Planned Parenthood, but the story found a balance through the trusty White House speeches we get sent daily.

Here is the story: Read Here

I spent an afternoon with protesters in front of the Planned Parenthood, a women's health clinic, in Dubuque. Here is a photo I took of cars passing the protesters.

Protesters_1

Protesters_3

And that would be me interviewing Jacob Mescher, the young man I featured in my article. (Jim Naprstek with the photo - our freshman photo editor)

No comments: